Stream This Episode On Demand
This week’s shift inside the Home for New & Independent Blues Music features some absolutely amazing music, front to back. Nine of the 13 songs featured this week are new arrivals. 11 of them are 2014 releases! The show kicks off in a big way with new music from The Delta Generators, moves into a track from Berklee College of Music Grad Vanessa Collier, and also finds tracks from Gov’t Mule, The Nighthawks, and many more.
Johnny Full-Time also takes a moment to remember the great Johnny Winter, with a brief look at his amazing life and career, and a track from his final album. Johnny Winter passed away earlier this year, at the age of 70. His final album, Step Back, features Johnny Winter alongside Eric Clpton, Billy Gibbons, Joe Bonamassa and others. There are also a handful of tracks that feature Johnny performing solo. The selection we chose to play is a cover of the classic Son House song “Death Letter,” which Johnny slides through alone. May he rest in peace.The featured selection from inside “Johnny’s Mailbox” is “Lucky 13,” by Rob Stone. Rob’s brand new album is Gotta Keep Rollin’, and is available everywhere from the Vizz-Tone Label Group. It’s Rob’s debut with Vizz-Tone, but it marks his fourth album as a band leader. Rob teams with good friends Chris James and Patrick Rynn, and also welcomes guests into the studio, including Eddie Shaw, Henry Gray, John Primer and others.
Rob Stone recently wrapped up a big tour of Japan, and has now returned home to begin promoting his new album. You can find complete details on this CD, his concert schedule, and much more, by visiting Rob’s official website RobStone.com
1. Delta Generators – Whole Lotta Whiskey – Get On The Horse
2. Vanessa Collier – Tongue Tied – Heart Soul & Saxophone
3. Gov’t Mule feat. Grace Potter – Whisper in Your Soul – Shout!
4. Markey Blue – Voodoo Do – Hey Hey
5. Kirby Sewell Band – Till the River Starts to Overflow – Girl With A New Tattoo
6. Kirk Davis – Every Night and Every Day – Blues And Greys
7. The Nighthawks – You’re Gone – 444
8. Hurricane Ruth – The Walls – Born On The River
9. Al Basile – One More Stone In The Pitcher – Woke Up In Memphis
10. Johnny Winter – Death Letter – Step Back
11. The Todd Wolfe Band – Sunnyvale – Miles To Go
12. Billy Pierce & Friends – Song For Sonny – Take Me Back To The Delta
13. Rob Stone – Lucky 13 – Gotta Keep Rollin’
You Might Also Like: