Janiva Magness is a multi-time Blues Music Award winner, a BB King Entertainer of the Year, and has solidified herself as both a top draw and a fan favorite in the Blues world. She’s also a survivor, a product of the foster care system, and an inspiration to anyone with a dream. She is vividly honest regarding the loss of her parents as a teenager, her movement through the foster care system, and the combination of a love for music and the loving encouragement of an important person that saved her life.
This week, Johnny Full-Time is joined on the telephone by Janiva Magness for conversation and music on Full-Time Blues Radio. Her 11th album, Original, was released in 2014 on her very own label – Fathead Records. She co-wrote seven of the album’s 11 tracks with friend and producer Dave Darling. You’ll hear several songs from this new CD, as well as select songs from past albums, and a song by one of Janiva’s favorite artists. In addition, Janiva and JFT discuss the music business, the leap of faith it took to break out on her own, helping at risk youth, and much more.
Stream This Episode On Demand
For More Information about Janiva Magness, Original, and ways you can help at risk youth, Please Visit JanivaMagness.com
1. Janiva Magness – Who Am I – Original
2. Janiva Magness – I Won’t Cry – Stronger For It
3. Janiva Magness – Everything Is Alright – Original
4. Buck Owens – It Takes People Like You (To Make People Like Me)
The Very Best Of Buck Owens, Vol. 1
5. Janiva Magness – I Can’t Stop Cryin’ – Do I Move You
6. Janiva Magness – That’s What Love Will Make You Do – What Love Will Do
7. Janiva Magness – I’m Feelin’ Good – The Devil Is An Angel Too
8. Janiva Magness – Let Me Breathe – Original
9. Janiva Magness – I’m Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down – The Devil Is An Angel Too
10. Janiva Magness – I Don’t Want To Do Wrong – Stronger For It
You Might Also Like: