Stream This Episode On Demand
This week, our show sounds a little different. That’s because we are moving, and all of the home studio gear except for the computer and microphone is in storage. More importantly, though, is that there is a raft of new release Blues music with eight out of the 12 songs on this week’s program coming from albums never before featured on the show!
UPDATE: The Beat Daddys have a new official website. You can find it online at TheBeatDaddys.com – JFTThe featured selection from inside “Johnny’s Mailbox” is “Higher Love” by Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters. Ronnie and company have just released their new album Father’s Day through Stony Plain Records, and it is currently available in CD and digital formats. Later on this year, the album will also be available on vinyl LP! It features a total of 13 songs, with two original tracks that include the title cut and “Higher Love,” a great duet between Diane Blue and Michael Ledbetter.
Other songs from this album include covers of songs by Otis Rush, Magic Sam, and the great B.B. King, among others. Father’s Day is available now, and you can hear samples at this link.
You can also find out more information about Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters, their tour, the new album and much more, on their official website RonnieEarl.com
1. The Beat Daddys – D.U.I. Love – Hoodoo That We Do
2. Hot Roux – Big Mama’s – Stranger’s Blues
3. The Mike Henderson Band – If You Think It’s Hot Here – If You Think It’s Hot Here
4. Slackjaw – It’s Always Something – It’s Always Something
5. Debbie Davies – A Darker Side of Me – Love Spin
6. Royal Southern Brotherhood – Come Hell Or High Water – Don’t Look Back
7. David Michael Miller – Doing Me In, Doing Me Wrong – Same Soil
8. Joey Gilmore – Brandon’s Blues – Brandon’s Blues
9. Eddie Cotton – Ego At Your Door One At A Time
10. Nancy Wright – Hush Little Darlin’ – Putting Down Roots
11. Mr. Sipp – Hold it in the Road – The Mississippi Blues Child
12. Ronnie Earl – Higher Love – Father’s Day
You Might Also Like: