This week’s program is different than any other in the nearly eight year history of Full-Time Blues Radio. It is a respectful look at mental illness through recent Blues songs and educational information. John Luttrell, executive producer of our show, comes to listeners in the beginning of the program to explain that this episode was created after a conversation with a loved one who is battling clinical depression. Below, you will find links and contact information to organizations that offer help to those battling mental illness, and those who want to help others.
National Alliance on Mental Illness – 800.950.6264
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800.273.8255
Mental Health America – 800.969.6642
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – 877.726.4727
HelpGuide.org Depression Fact Sheet
Sean Costello Memorial Fund For Bi-Polar Research
In this episode, Johnny Full-Time talked about a song by pop music group Gnarls Barkley, “Just A Thought,” that deals with suicidal thoughts. If you scroll below this week’s playlist, you can watch a music video featuring this incredible song.
1. Bob Malone – I’m Not Fine – Mojo Deluxe
2. The Delta Saints – Crazy – Drink It Slow EP
3. The Reverend Shawn Amos – Days Of Depression –
The Reverend Shawn Amos Loves You
4. Pat Travers – White Room – Covering Clapton: From Cream and Beyond
5. Lara Price – Crazy Lucy – I Mean Business
6. Walter Trout – Almost Gone – Battle Scars
7. Cheryl Lescom & the Tuscon Choir Boys – Nice Mix of Crazy – 1953
8. Too Slim & the Taildraggers – Good To See You Smile Again – Anthology
9. Ray Goren – Can’t Live Like This – Save My Soul EP
10. JJ Thames – Can You Let Somebody Else Be Strong – Tell You What I Know
11. Beth Hart – Tell ‘Em To Hold On – Better Than Home
WARNING: Content may not be suitable for all audiences. Thanks to YouTube user Silas Addington.
You Might Also Like: