Following an incredible run of special episodes focused on the Spiritual Side of the Blues (Listen Here – And Here), Full-Time Blues Radio gets back to work on the best in new and independent Blues music.
Stream This Episode On Demand
Episode 1515 by Full-Time Blues Radio on Mixcloud
This week’s shift features new releases, as well as a new segment: The Vinyl Report. This occasional segment will provide information on new Blues music available for vinyl record enthusiasts. Vinyl record sales hit roughly 20 year highs in 2014, and artists from all genres are once again seeing the format as a viable option for releasing music to fans eager to get their hands on a great physical album.
This week, The Vinyl Report looks at Record Store Day, an annual event designed to promote community and support independent record stores across the world. One of the special edition releases that will be available exclusively on Record Store Day is A Little Something From The Road, Vol. 1
by The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band. The EP features live performances recorded in 2014 at the KWS Band’s show in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Complete details on the release, and a link to find out the participating Record Store Day shops in your area are available on the official website at KennyWayneShepherd.net
Courtesy Arlen Roth
The featured selection from inside “Johnny’s Mailbox” is a very special track. This new take on “Rocket 88″ is taken from Arlen Roth’s brand new album, Slide Guitar Summit
, and it marks the very last recording session for the great Johnny Winter, who performs on this song with Roth. It’s an emotional honor for Arlen Roth, who admits that being a 16-year-old attending Woodstock, he was inspired seeing Johnny Winter perform.
It’s been hard to track down the link to purchase the full Slide Guitar Summit album. Best advice is to stay tuned to ArlenRoth.com
You can also purchase the album’s track, “Steel Guitar Rag” on Arlen’s online store. Click Here To Purchase
Be sure to scroll below the playlist, and watch the trailer for Brass, Glass & Steel: The Making Of Arlen Roth’s Slide Guitar Summit, a documentary about the album sessions.
1. Pokey LaFarge – Knocking the Dust Off the Rust Belt Tonight – Something In The Water
2. Peter Novelli – Je Ne Sais Quoi – St. Amant Sessions
3. Monkeyjunk – Je Nah Say Kwah – All Frequencies
4. Blues Engine – Tumbledown – Blues Engine
5. Deb Ryder – Money Monsoon – Let It Rain
6. Magnus Berg – One Way To Please You – Cut Me Loose
7. Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band – Looking Back – A Little Something From The Road, Vol. 1
8. AJ Ghent Band – Can’t Be Your Dog – Live At Terminal West CD/DVD
9. Steve Krase – Jolene – Buckle Up
10. Reno Jack the Bear – Blue Ball Boil – Lightning Fried
11. Albert Bashor – Put Me On Like You Do – Cotton Field Of Dreams
12. Steve Earle & The Dukes – Gamblin’ Blues – Terraplane
13. Arlen Roth – Rocket 88 ft Johnny Winter – Slide Guitar Summit
You Might Also Like:
Listen: Gary Burnett Interview
Listen: Spiritual Side 2015